Mental Health Support Workers
Arafmi Ltd is a community organisation providing support for families, carers and people with mental health needs or psychosocial disability for more than 40 years. Due to increased demand, we have a number of exciting opportunities available for experienced Mental Health Support Workers, passionate about making a difference to the lives of these people and their families, within our Supported Independent Living, Short Term Accommodation and Community Access programs in all of our locations across the Greater Brisbane region.
About the role
Working as part of a supportive, passionate and person-centred team, you will be responsible for:
- providing quality practical and emotional support to our clients to enable them to meet their personal life goals and objectives, as outlined within their NDIS plan;
- Assisting clients to develop and/or expand their social relationships and networks in the local community;
- Providing assistance with activities of daily living, including household cleaning and meal preparation;
- Implementing and facilitating planned activities which promote independence;
- Maintaining client files and database as per the procedures;
- Actively participate in all staff meetings, training and Arafmi development activities.
You will also have the opportunity to utilise your knowledge and skills in working with indigenous clients, vision and hearing impaired clients, and clients from CALD backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in working with people with mental illness or psychosocial disability, and their carers, delivering planned support;
- Demonstrated confidence and resilience to respond appropriately in challenging situations;
- Strong understanding of professional boundaries and the need to maintain boundaries;
- Sound computer and administrative skills including file noting and record keeping
- Certificate IV/III level qualification in Community Services and or / mental health would be beneficial;
- Experience in working within a Complex Care or SIL environment will be highly regarded;
- An understanding of indigenous mental health, or experience working with vision or hearing impaired clients, or clients from CALD backgrounds will also be highly regarded.
If this role is for you, you must also have:
- The ability to work flexible hours (mornings, evenings, sleepovers, weekends, public holidays);
- A Current driver’s licence and access to use of personal motor vehicle;
- Your own smart device (eg. phone, tablet)
- Blue/Yellow/NDIS Worker Screening card (or the ability to obtain);
- Evidence of compliance to mandated Covid-19 vaccination requirements for disability and health care workers.
Arafmi is a friendly team, passionate about supporting carers and people with a mental health needs. To be considered, please submit your cover letter and CV.
We politely ask recruitment agencies to avoid making any approaches or sending any unsolicited resumes through to our staff. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How to Apply:
Fill out your details, attach CV & Cover Letter in the form below – click ‘Submit‘