Arafmi has an extensive history working alongside mental health carers and families. With over 40 years of knowledge and experience, we are uniquely placed to support you in your role as a carer, or family member, of a person with a mental illness.
Our wide range of services and programs are designed to support mental health carers in a way that best suits you and your family’s needs. Whether you need help navigating the NDIS, looking for support services for yourself or a loved one or simply need someone you can talk to who understands, we’re here for you.
Become a Member
Who can join?
We invite all mental health carers to apply for our membership and welcome anyone who may simply wish to show their ongoing support to our organisation.
An annual Arafmi membership is an investment of either $10 for waged members or $5 for unwaged. This cost helps us to continue to deliver services for our carers.
Our 12 month membership includes:
- Bi-Monthly Carer newsletters
- Early Invitations to Arafmi events
- Invitations to Carer respite events (Carers only)
- An invitation to attend and vote at our Annual General Meeting
- Opportunities to join carer focus groups, training events, take part in surveys & more
Any support you can offer will help us to continue to provide valuable services to assist carers and families.
Arafmi Ltd is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) and all donations $2 and over are tax deductible.
100% of your donation goes directly to Arafmi’s work in supporting carers and families.
If you are interested in more information on how you can support Arafmi’s work, please contact us on (07) 3254 1881.
Volunteering with Arafmi is one way you can help us make a difference in peoples’ lives. We are always looking for volunteers to join our team. Currently, we offer volunteering opportunities for the following:
- Arafmi’s 24 hour telephone helpline which is available to anyone caring for or about a relative or friend with a psychosocial disability
- Support Group Facilitators – If you have ever thought about facilitating a Carer Support Group, or feel there is an opportunity to start a new group in a different area, we’d love to hear from you! Download info sheet for more information.
- Volunteers for other projects, forums, retreats and events we may be running throughout the year.
To learn more about our current volunteering and employment opportunities view the links below or call us on (07) 3254 1881 and speak to our friendly team.
Occasionally we have casual, part-time and full-time positions available. To view any current available employment positions, visit us on Seek.
Arafmi’s long and proud history of supporting the people in the community means that we have the connections and partnerships that can support a person to access the services they need.
Contact us to find out how you and your organisation can partner with Arafmi!